A software engineer seek a Data engineer to support our high frequency trading activities and quantitative research.
As a Data Engineer, you are expected to build data pipelines that efficiently and reliably process and transform data captured across various systems as well as to design and implement storage solutions for enabling users to generate valuable signals and insights. You’ll have a chance to work with Google Cloud technologies, Scala, and possibly introduce a new solution yourself if you can make a case for it.
● Implement, monitor, and maintain data pipelines for market, transaction, reference, and other data.
● Perform all needed data cleansing and transformation to improve data quality.
● Work closely with traders and researchers to consume and analyze data faster and more
● Deploy new data models that provide insightful and actionable analytics across the firm.
● Manage the entire data processing system and advising of any necessary infrastructure changes.
● Thinks clearly, learns quickly, solves problems, and can work with no supervision.
● Asks good questions. Communicates effectively.
● Development experience in more than one programming language, preferably different (e.g.
strongly versus dynamically typed, functional versus object-oriented).
● Familiarity with software development practices. Works well in a team.
● Experience with databases and SQL.
● Experience with stream processing.
Good to have:
● Knowledge of electronic trading and tick data.
● Knowledge of data modelling and database design.
● Experience of data processing/ETL implementation.
● Experience with distributed systems.
● Experience with messaging middleware such as Solace or Kafka.
● Experience with (NoSQL) databases such as Hadoop, Cassandra.
I’d love your feedback, so please feel free to send your CV to us. We will contact you shortly for more discussion.