A software company is seeking highly motivated developers and data scientists to join our Performance Research team. We are especially interested in candidates who can demonstrate a strong aptitude for problem solving, critical and creative thinking. Performance Researchers draw on the fundamentals of computer science, data science and reverse engineering to identify novel ways to improve the competitiveness of our trading system, so a broad set of interests is ideal, along with a keen intellect and a voracious appetite for learning.
– The primary responsibility of the role involves developing hypotheses about how to improve our trading competitiveness, through statistical analysis, reverse engineering and modelling of the networks and trading systems in which we operate, working with terabytes of market and packet data.
– You’ll then build tooling and software to test these hypotheses in the live market, working closely with our cutting-edge low-latency FPGA developers.
– We’re looking for creative, critical thinkers who enjoy taking systems apart to understand the “why”, and using programming or maths in their daily life to solve problems.
– The ideal candidate should have a strong background in either data science or reverse engineering, and a demonstrated history of successful problem-solving.
– They should know at least one data analysis language, like Python or R, and one higher-performance language like C or C++, as the work will require custom data processing that’s not easy to do efficiently in a language like Python. The ideal candidate would also have a strong familiarity with low-level programming and the OS/network stack. Interest in and knowledge of financial markets is a plus.
I’d love your feedback, so please feel free to send your CV to us. We will contact you shortly for more discussion.